Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

5 Must-Have Accessories for Your New Car

Your previous car is on its last leg, you have a full-time job which requires you to be there around 6 a.m. every morning, and no other choice but to invest in something that will get you back and forth to work. You've finally decided to take that leap and put the money down on a new ride. So, now that you've gone ahead and purchased something you can depend on to not leave you stranded - let's get that bad boy fixed up!

In this article, I'll be covering 5 must-have accessories for your new car. These are accessories that I think every vehicle should come "equipped" with.

1. Portable Air Compressor

I can guarantee you've woken up some mornings, jumped in the shower, got dressed for work and rushed out the front door only to realize you weren't going nowhere with a flat tire. I've been there myself, and so have many others, I can imagine. Picking up a small, portable air compressor that plugs directly into your cigarette lighter will make sure you get to work at a reasonable time, the next time you encounter a flat tire.

2. Sun Shade

Have you ever went to the grocery store and left your car out in the blazing heat of the day, only to return to a car that is so hot you can't sit in the seat or even think about touching the steering wheel? I absolutely hate this! Do yourself a favor and purchase a sun shade for your ride, you'll be thanking me later.

3. Battery Jumper Cables

Leaving your headlights on or your keys in the ignition, accidentally, has to be one of the worse things aside from a flat tire. I can't tell you how many times I've managed to do this, but I can certainly say I've done it more than I can count on both hands. Don't get stranded somewhere with no one around to help; invest in a good pair of jumper cables. If not, you'll quickly come you know the phrase "I told you so".


4. Flashlight

Having a good flashlight (or any flashlight) will come in handy. Very seldom, you'll find yourself in a predicament - such as a flat or blown-out tire - that requires you to have some form of lighting to be able to see what you're doing. Not all accidents happen in the middle of the day.

5. Floor Mats

That's right! If you're at all concerned with tracking dirt into your new ride, pick up a pair of floor mats. From my experience, most new (or used) vehicles come with nothing more than the paper mats from the dealership. Purchase some "real" floor mats - less trips to the car wash; more money in your pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment